Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lack of Talent

For those who check the blog frequently, you have noticed a lack of new material. I have two explanations for this: 1. I live a boring life (check) 2. I lack talent. I am watching South Park and that creative episode about guinea pigs and Peruvian flute bands and wondering where that comes from. I'm not sure I have that or seen anything to inspire that kind of stuff. I had a sweet blog up yesterday, but Jaco cried about a picture of him. He claimed he wouldn't get a job because of how ridiculous he looked (if only companies interviewed you over beer pong). If you wanna see it, email me. Apparently, he thinks CEOs read my blog.

Also, I found my sunglasses (and solved the economic crisis). They were under the seat that I had already searched but missed because I am a spaz. Now, I can keep my beard because they go so well together. The itching has subsided so it is looking more and more like it is going to stay put.

NBA Draft:
I love drafts (except ones to fight in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, or North Korea). The NBA Draft is way worse then the NFL draft because more than half of the players will become useless journeymen and suck the life out of your favorite team. The good part about it is the trades. NBA teams love to make a splash for veterans on draft day. The NFL draft provides more depth.

This NBA Draft will rival the 2000 draft for "Most Over Hyped Shit". The 2000 edition featured only three all stars including Kenyon Martin (recently reemerged with Denver after disappearing), Jamaal Magloire (Wikipedia might be wrong...I hope so), and Michael Redd (a rare second round find). Blake Griffin is the number one pick even though there is no footage of him hitting a jumper or anything besides a dunk. I think he will be ok...oh wait not for the Clippers. He is fucked. Everyone else is suspect. Thabeet's scoring might be a while, Harden is ok (maybe next Brandon Roy), and Ricky Rubio is a great passer without the shot. Guys like Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans are projects (one is skinny and the other has no position). I don't see this group producing too many all stars.

If the Bulls can't get Chris Bosh (they won't but we all can hope) then I assume they will take a guard and wave good bye to the swinging gate named Ben Gordon. Maybe Terrance Williams or James Johnson will take his place on the team. Keep reading about Kirk Hinrich going to Portland, so assume some truth to that rumor. If a point guard falls to the Bulls, I will believe it more.

I hope to write again after the draft and share my opinions on the Bulls. Hopefully, I will also get around to seeing the latest Michael Bay explosion orgasm fest called Transformers (aka Megan Fox for 2 hours) and write some sort of review (I haven't seen it but I have because it looks the same as the last one...lots of running, skanky outfits, and robots).

No comments:

Post a Comment